The Resident Evil 6 x Left 4 Dead 2 project will add the four survivors of Left 4 Dead 2 — Coach, Nick, Ellis and Rochelle — to Resident Evil 6's PC-exclusive mode The Mercenaries No Mercy. Resident Evil 6 for PC will also add two Left 4 Dead special infected, the Witch and a miniature version of the Tank, to its stable of enemies. The Left 4 Dead 2 content for RE6 will be available to download for free starting April 5.
The Windows PC version of Resident Evil 6 will be released March 22.
Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 will also see some additions as part of the collaboration, with three of Resident Evil 6's enemies — Lepotitsa, Napad and Ogroman — added to the game through its recently launched Steam Workshop. That RE6 content will arrive sometime this spring, Capcom and Valve say.
For a look at the L4D2 cast in RE6, check out the gallery below.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today