Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Capcom's upcoming online multiplayer action role-playing game, is significantly larger in scope than the original Monster Hunter Tri, and a recent post on Capcom Unity shows the expansion using a bit of comparison.
In addition to several new monsters and a new final boss, the upcoming title culls monsters from the PSP's Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. The game also features three new areas, 211 new quests, 2,042 new pieces of equipment including swords, blades, hammers and more as well as 1,028 new armor pieces, bringing the total equipment count to 3,061 pieces.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is set for a March 19 release on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. To see it in action, you can watch the game's recently released opening cinematic. For more on the development of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, be sure to read our interview with producer Ryozo Tsujimoto, where he discusses bringing the game to a Western audience.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey