Inspired by Mike Mika's recent Donkey Kong hack for his daughter, hobbyist animator Kenna W. created a modded version of The Legend of Zelda that stars the titular princess herself.
Kenna detailed the three-day project on her blog. Much of the work was done by editing the game's sprites.
"For me, I played my first Zelda game when I was pretty young, and at the time, I thought the game did star Princess Zelda," Kenna wrote. "I figured I'd get to play as a magical battle princess that saved her kingdom. The game was fun, but I was bummed out that I never got to play as Zelda."
Kenna also shared the patch download on her site for others to enjoy. You can watch Zelda battle her way through Hyrule to save Link in the video above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Wobble Rocket: Our first game! (looking for feedback)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II