Inspired by Mike Mika's recent Donkey Kong hack for his daughter, hobbyist animator Kenna W. created a modded version of The Legend of Zelda that stars the titular princess herself.
Kenna detailed the three-day project on her blog. Much of the work was done by editing the game's sprites.
"For me, I played my first Zelda game when I was pretty young, and at the time, I thought the game did star Princess Zelda," Kenna wrote. "I figured I'd get to play as a magical battle princess that saved her kingdom. The game was fun, but I was bummed out that I never got to play as Zelda."
Kenna also shared the patch download on her site for others to enjoy. You can watch Zelda battle her way through Hyrule to save Link in the video above.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)