Hasbro killed the development of the My Little Pony fan-made fighting game in February and it still refuses to grant Mane6 permission to create a game based on the franchise.
The development team announced last month that Lauren Faust, the creator of : Friendship is Magic, is teaming up with them to help make the game a reality. To skirt the problem, Faust is creating new characters and a new setting for the game.
"It means that with Lauren's help, we are going to finish this game, but it will no longer be based on the MLP franchise," a post stated on the Mane6 website. "It will be all new characters in a new setting, while keeping the moves, mechanics, and style of the game we wanted to make from the start."
Mane6's Fighting is Magic was revealed as a finalist for inclusion in the EVO 2013 fighting game tournament earlier in the year.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free