Doom 3 BFG will no longer be included in the launch shipment of the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, according to an update by tech creators OculusVR to buyers of the development kit.
In the update, the Oculus Rift developers were reportedly "informed that DOOM 3 BFG Edition will not support the Rift development kit by the time we begin shipping." Buyers who were meant to receive a Doom 3 BFG edition will be compensated for this loss in the form of Steam or Oculus store credit.
These replacement rewards include a $20 Steam Wallet credit, $25 Oculus Store credit, or alternatively a full refund for the buyer's pledge.
Users can choose a new reward by logging into the Oculus Order Manager and selecting a new option. Those who don't select a new option by April 5 will default to the Oculus Store credit.
In light of this, the creators add: "If you're worried that there won't be any content to to try when your dev kit arrives: fear not. We're hard at work with Meteor and Adhesive to make sure that Hawken's an awesome, mech-piloting experience and there are more great developer showcases on the way!"
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)