Doom 3 BFG will no longer be included in the launch shipment of the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, according to an update by tech creators OculusVR to buyers of the development kit.
In the update, the Oculus Rift developers were reportedly "informed that DOOM 3 BFG Edition will not support the Rift development kit by the time we begin shipping." Buyers who were meant to receive a Doom 3 BFG edition will be compensated for this loss in the form of Steam or Oculus store credit.
These replacement rewards include a $20 Steam Wallet credit, $25 Oculus Store credit, or alternatively a full refund for the buyer's pledge.
Users can choose a new reward by logging into the Oculus Order Manager and selecting a new option. Those who don't select a new option by April 5 will default to the Oculus Store credit.
In light of this, the creators add: "If you're worried that there won't be any content to to try when your dev kit arrives: fear not. We're hard at work with Meteor and Adhesive to make sure that Hawken's an awesome, mech-piloting experience and there are more great developer showcases on the way!"
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer