Persona 4 Arena, the 2D fighter sequel to Persona 4, will be available to players in Europe on May 10, Atlus announced today.
Atlus also revealed pre-order bonus content available alongside the European version. Players can snag a limited edition pack including the Persona 4 Arena Official Arranged Soundtrack, exclusive artwork and a "Digital Fan Pack," which seems to be a bundle of Persona images for use on social media websites. These items will not be available for purchase after the title's launch day.
Persona 4 Arena, slated for release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, was originally scheduled to launch in Europe in August of last year shortly after its release in North America. Last week regional publisher Zen United hinted at a May release for the game, stating they had recently submitted the game's Xbox 360 build and that at this time a May release was "realistic."
According to a listing on the Persona Europe Facebook page, more news regarding Persona 4 Arena is on the way, "and that news will be good."
Last July, Atlus announced it would be region-locking the title on PS3 for all territories, stating players opting to purchase cheaper foreign versions of the title could ruin sales. Check out Polygon's review here.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development