Aliens: Colonial Marines developer Gearbox Software patched the Windows PC version of the game yesterday, fixing problems such as the issue some users were having with save games.
It is the first time since the game's launch five weeks ago that the PC version has been updated. The 3.8 GB patch includes the changes that made their way to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game earlier this month, along with "additional changes that will be part of future updates for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3" and some PC-specific tweaks, said Sega community manager Clumsyorchid in a forum post.
Changes specific to the PC version include improved texture resolution and the addition of a mouse smoothing option. The patch also includes "additional safeguards to better protect save data," a reference to an issue with save games being wiped that originally cropped up on Xbox 360.
"Console versions of these updates will be made available as soon as possible," said Clumsyorchid.
Check out the full list of changes below.
- Improved texture resolution.
- Various visual improvements.
- Added mouse smoothing to options menu.
- Fixed crashes tied to launch and motion tracker.
- Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
- Resolved an issue where a player's level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
- Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
- Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
- Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
- Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
- Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
- Increased light radius for player's shoulder lamp.
- Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
- Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
- Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.
- Fixed issues that could cause clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to "pop in" when loading into a new match.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge "Cat-Like Reflexes" from 10 to 20 seconds.
- Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
- Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King gameplay video - 40 minutes of pain
- When men were men and women weren't invited: Looking back at Unreal Tournament's 'sexy' announcer
- Real-world adaptation of Watch Dogs retains what's gross about games
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PlayStation players can get Disney Infinity's Hulk first in these collector sets