Thief, the next installment in Eidos' stealth franchise, will allow players to complete the game without killing anyone, according to a post by community manager Adam Badke published on the developer's official blog.
Thief's first-person gameplay will stay true to previous installments in the franchise, and protagonist Garrett will have options in the scenarios he faces — including the option to keep enemies alive.
"Each path comes with a set of challenges, encounters and looting opportunities," Badke wrote. "Difficulty options allow the experience to be scaled for hardcore fans of the original series, but to also let newcomers have a lot of fun. And yes, you can complete the game without killing anybody — Garrett is a Master Thief, not a killing machine!"
Eidos Montreal's reboot was revealed earlier this month in a Game Informer cover story. Thief is planned for release in 2014, on platforms including the PlayStation 4.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?