Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory, best known for his work on thatgamecompany's Journey and Flow, will compose the soundtrack to Phosphor Games' Kickstarter, Project Awakened.
Wintory's involvement was announced via a new update on the Kickstarter and features a few words from the composer.
"Following an incredibly wonderful collaboration with Phosphor on Horn last year, it was a no-brainer for me when I first got the call about working on Project Awakened," Wintory wrote. "Once I got a rundown of all the plans for the game, especially the details beyond what's been presented so far in the Kickstarter campaign, I got even more excited. I think the potential behind this game, both as a customizable player-driven game, and as a narrative experience, is very high. And our preliminary brainstorms on the music have already got my mouth watering!"
As noted yesterday, however, success seems unlikely. At the time of this posting, the Kickstarter has only three days left and more than half of its funding goal to meet.
Project Awakened will end on Wednesday, March 6 at 10:40 a.m. ET. Phosphor launched the Kickstarter in early February in hopes of creating a superhero simulation game for Windows PC.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap (update)
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games