Deus Ex: Human Revolution is coming to Wii U, publisher Square Enix announced today.
The game, titled Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, will be available on Nintendo's new console soon.
The Director's Cut edition will use the Wii U's GamePad controller for many of Jensen's neural enhancements, including throwing grenades, sniping, map editing and hacking through the touchscreen. The game will also connect through Miiverse to grant players access to developer commentaries and other in-game guides.
The Missing Link DLC and additional Tongs's Rescue mission will also be included in Director's Cut. Square Enix reports that boss fights and game balance have been tweaked, and AI and visuals have been improved.
Rumors about a Wii U port began circulating early yesterday after retailer Amazon listed the title for $49.99 along with a May 7 release date. The listing also mentions "additional content" available only with the Wii U version.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, released for consoles in August 2011, is a prequel set 25 years prior to the original 2000 Deus Ex. Players control Adam Jensen, a biotechnical firm security director who survives mortal wounds only through an operation that replaces much of his body with prosthetics and cyborg-like enhancements. Players shoot, sneak and fight their way through an underground cyberpunk world, unraveling a conspiracy that could affect the entire human population.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?