Deus Ex: Human Revolution is coming to Wii U, publisher Square Enix announced today.
The game, titled Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, will be available on Nintendo's new console soon.
The Director's Cut edition will use the Wii U's GamePad controller for many of Jensen's neural enhancements, including throwing grenades, sniping, map editing and hacking through the touchscreen. The game will also connect through Miiverse to grant players access to developer commentaries and other in-game guides.
The Missing Link DLC and additional Tongs's Rescue mission will also be included in Director's Cut. Square Enix reports that boss fights and game balance have been tweaked, and AI and visuals have been improved.
Rumors about a Wii U port began circulating early yesterday after retailer Amazon listed the title for $49.99 along with a May 7 release date. The listing also mentions "additional content" available only with the Wii U version.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, released for consoles in August 2011, is a prequel set 25 years prior to the original 2000 Deus Ex. Players control Adam Jensen, a biotechnical firm security director who survives mortal wounds only through an operation that replaces much of his body with prosthetics and cyborg-like enhancements. Players shoot, sneak and fight their way through an underground cyberpunk world, unraveling a conspiracy that could affect the entire human population.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.