Tomb Raider's DLC releases will be designed entirely for multiplayer, based on Crystal Dynamics' current development plans for the title, director Noah Hughes and global brand director Karl Stewart revealed in a Reddit AMA.
"Currently there are no plans regarding single-player DLC," said Hughes when asked about upcoming DLC for the game. "Now that Lara is more experienced, we are excited to take her on new adventures that challenge her new strength and confidence. It is important that even as Lara grows as a character, so do the challenges she must face."
Stewart later added the studio is not planning to offer any new single-player content for Tomb Raider, stating:
"There are currently no plans in place for any single-player expansions. All of our DLC is based around the multiplayer experience for now."
The first Tomb Raider expansion, an arena map pack called Caves and Cliffs, hit this week on Xbox 360. No release date for PC or PlayStation 3 has been announced.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League