The latest update for SimCity makes a number of corrections to the title's previously reported traffic problems, as well as readies a new server for launch, according to a post on the Electronic Arts forums.
According to the post from a Maxis community manager, the update fixes traffic intersection and congestion issues and re-routes emergency vehicles to avoid traffic and drive in empty lanes. Both emergency and delivery vehicles will now be given priority over regular cars and other common traffic when leaving their origin points.
Maxis has also tweaked SimCity to perform better on hardware with lower specifications, and the bulldozing tool can now be used to demolish all buildings and units across the board.
Additionally, a new Asia 2 server will be added next Tuesday evening, bringing the total number of SimCity servers up to 24.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends