The latest update for SimCity makes a number of corrections to the title's previously reported traffic problems, as well as readies a new server for launch, according to a post on the Electronic Arts forums.
According to the post from a Maxis community manager, the update fixes traffic intersection and congestion issues and re-routes emergency vehicles to avoid traffic and drive in empty lanes. Both emergency and delivery vehicles will now be given priority over regular cars and other common traffic when leaving their origin points.
Maxis has also tweaked SimCity to perform better on hardware with lower specifications, and the bulldozing tool can now be used to demolish all buildings and units across the board.
Additionally, a new Asia 2 server will be added next Tuesday evening, bringing the total number of SimCity servers up to 24.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites