Upcoming add-on multiplayer map packs for Halo 4 and Gears of War: Judgment and handful of Xbox Live Arcade and mobile titles will be playable at Microsoft's Xbox 360 booth at PAX East this weekend, according to a post by Major Nelson.
Attendees can stop by booth #524 on the main show floor for the first public opportunities to play Halo 4's Castle Map Pack and Gears' Maxim Map Pack. Castle adds three expansive maps with new environments and nine new achievements. The Maxim pack adds two free Maxim-sponsored maps, "Haven" and "Capitol," and a new "Execution" mode.
Gamers can also get their hands on real-time strategy title Age of Empires 2: HD Edition ahead of its April 9 release on Steam, as well as XBLA titles including zombie survival-horror game State of Decay, physics-based puzzler Max: Curse of Brotherhood and Motocross Madness. The booth will also have on hand several Windows 8 and Windows Phone titles.
343 Industries staff members Frank O'Connor, Kevin Franklin, Dan Ayoub and David Ellis and Certain Affinity's Tom Potter will also discuss developing Halo 4's multiplayer in a panel on Friday, March 22. Attendees can check out "Halo 4 Multiplayer: Past, Present, and Future" at 5 p.m. in the Main Theater of the Boston Convention Center. Two hours prior to the panel, the team will sign autographs at the Xbox booth.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Warner Bros. invests $18M in Machinima
- Tower of Guns - Overview video
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- DriveClub goes 'back to the drawing board,' Sony says
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors hits iOS March 17
- GDC's growing advocacy track means the industry is maturing, says GM
- Brooklyn-based startup Turbo gets SoftBank investment to build 'cross-screen' core games
- Frog Fractions developer launches $60K Kickstarter for sequel