Retailer GameStop is offering free copies of the God of War Saga to customers who purchase God of War: Ascension, according to the retailer's online store.
For the $59.99 price tag of Ascension, players will get the recently-released prequel to Kratos' story as well as Saga, which normally retails for $39.99.
Saga bundles together the five previous God of War games: God of War, God of War 2 and God of War 3 on one disc with download codes for God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on PlayStation 3. Players can grab the entire God of War series, minus mobile phone 2D side-scroller God of War: Betrayal, for the price of one game.
Sony recently announced that God of War: Ascension's Trials of Archimedes section near the end of the game would be patched to reduce its difficulty, after players complained of the lack of checkpoints and health drops. Check out Polygon's review for the game here.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song