Pre-orders for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut, an expanded remake of a game that holds the Guinness World Record for being the Most Critically Polarizing Survival Horror Game, will include bonus DLC, according to a press release from publisher Rising Star Games.
Pre-orders for the $39.99 game will be available through its April 30 release date at "participating retailers," including Amazon and GameStop. Details are scant, with Rising Star Games' press release describing it as "downloadable content so plush, that Agent York (and Zach) will feel like their investigation in the small country town of Greenvale just turned into a vacation." It could be tropical-themed clothing. It could be a turkey, strawberry and cereal sandwich. We don't know, so we've reached out to Rising Star for more information and will update this article with more as we have it.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut is set for an April 30 release on PlayStation 3. For more on the game and the man behind it, Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, you can read our interview that coincided with the game's official announcement last year and his recent comments from BitSummit where he spoke about designing a successful indie game. For the story of the man behind the game, be sure to read our feature.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31