Pre-orders for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut, an expanded remake of a game that holds the Guinness World Record for being the Most Critically Polarizing Survival Horror Game, will include bonus DLC, according to a press release from publisher Rising Star Games.
Pre-orders for the $39.99 game will be available through its April 30 release date at "participating retailers," including Amazon and GameStop. Details are scant, with Rising Star Games' press release describing it as "downloadable content so plush, that Agent York (and Zach) will feel like their investigation in the small country town of Greenvale just turned into a vacation." It could be tropical-themed clothing. It could be a turkey, strawberry and cereal sandwich. We don't know, so we've reached out to Rising Star for more information and will update this article with more as we have it.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut is set for an April 30 release on PlayStation 3. For more on the game and the man behind it, Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, you can read our interview that coincided with the game's official announcement last year and his recent comments from BitSummit where he spoke about designing a successful indie game. For the story of the man behind the game, be sure to read our feature.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward