Pre-orders for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut, an expanded remake of a game that holds the Guinness World Record for being the Most Critically Polarizing Survival Horror Game, will include bonus DLC, according to a press release from publisher Rising Star Games.
Pre-orders for the $39.99 game will be available through its April 30 release date at "participating retailers," including Amazon and GameStop. Details are scant, with Rising Star Games' press release describing it as "downloadable content so plush, that Agent York (and Zach) will feel like their investigation in the small country town of Greenvale just turned into a vacation." It could be tropical-themed clothing. It could be a turkey, strawberry and cereal sandwich. We don't know, so we've reached out to Rising Star for more information and will update this article with more as we have it.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut is set for an April 30 release on PlayStation 3. For more on the game and the man behind it, Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, you can read our interview that coincided with the game's official announcement last year and his recent comments from BitSummit where he spoke about designing a successful indie game. For the story of the man behind the game, be sure to read our feature.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)