Giant Sparrow, the developer behind "paint-shooter" The Unfinished Swan, are currently working on a new game under the working title Edith Finch, as announced on the company's website.
The game does not yet have a release date or platform information. Edith Finch will not be a sequel to The Unfinished Swan, but isn't "a million miles away either," according to the post. The blog post also adds that though there's not much to talk about, the developer still wants to make gamers aware of it.
"If we don't say anything then no one knows the game exists, but if we talk about it too much then no one is going to be surprised when they actually play it," the post reads. "That's why for our next game we're going to start talking about it early but in broad strokes. Our last game took us a little over three years to make so as you can imagine we're still in a very early phase on this new one. We're pretty excited about it though and wanted to share some of that enthusiasm along with a piece of concept art [pictured above].
"If you like surreal experiences and games that aren't much like anything you've ever played before then you'll probably like it," the developer added.
You can read the full blog post here.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today