Battlefield 4 publisher Electronic Arts said last week that it will reveal the first details of the game on March 26, and the company has now released the first teaser trailer for the upcoming first-person shooter.
The trailer, "Prepare for Battle: Sea," prominently features a ship's propeller as it spins to life, churning the surrounding water. Check it out above.
Developer EA DICE announced Battlefield 4 in July 2012, and said that a multiplayer beta for the game would be released in fall 2013. Battlefield 4 is currently in development on next-generation consoles, including PlayStation 4, using the studio's Frostbite 2 engine.
Update: A second teaser trailer has been spotted on GameStop's official YouTube channel, calling players to battle by land. Check out the video, this one featuring the treads of a tank, posted below.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine