Battlefield 4 publisher Electronic Arts said last week that it will reveal the first details of the game on March 26, and the company has now released the first teaser trailer for the upcoming first-person shooter.
The trailer, "Prepare for Battle: Sea," prominently features a ship's propeller as it spins to life, churning the surrounding water. Check it out above.
Developer EA DICE announced Battlefield 4 in July 2012, and said that a multiplayer beta for the game would be released in fall 2013. Battlefield 4 is currently in development on next-generation consoles, including PlayStation 4, using the studio's Frostbite 2 engine.
Update: A second teaser trailer has been spotted on GameStop's official YouTube channel, calling players to battle by land. Check out the video, this one featuring the treads of a tank, posted below.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30