Battlefield 4 publisher Electronic Arts said last week that it will reveal the first details of the game on March 26, and the company has now released the first teaser trailer for the upcoming first-person shooter.
The trailer, "Prepare for Battle: Sea," prominently features a ship's propeller as it spins to life, churning the surrounding water. Check it out above.
Developer EA DICE announced Battlefield 4 in July 2012, and said that a multiplayer beta for the game would be released in fall 2013. Battlefield 4 is currently in development on next-generation consoles, including PlayStation 4, using the studio's Frostbite 2 engine.
Update: A second teaser trailer has been spotted on GameStop's official YouTube channel, calling players to battle by land. Check out the video, this one featuring the treads of a tank, posted below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign