Phase two of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn beta will focus on gamepad support testing so there will be no major content additions.
Phase one involved 100,000 testers and through testing were able to pinpoint some server issues that weren't apparent in the alpha. The team were also able to catch Full Active Time Events-related (FATE) performance issues and fix server load problems in the starting zones.
The guildheist system, originally known as the behest system in the game's first iteration, will be the focus of phase three's testing. Guildheists will be available to players at a lower level than it was for the behest system.
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is slated for release onPC and later this year.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?