Over $100 million has been pledged to Kickstarter's games category, the crowdfunding site revealed.
Since the site's launch four years ago, more than 633,242 backers have pledged to over 4,500 Games projects, nearly 1,000 of these were pledged to in the last year.
In total, the Kickstarter community has pledged $107.6 million to games, while 1,476 of these proved to successfully hit their funding target. Most of the total dollars pledged come in the wake of the successful Double Fine Adventure. In 2012, Kickstarter accumulated $83,144,565 pledges in its games category; Just one year before, pledges totalled $3,855,692. Since the start of 2013, pledges to games have reaches $22,423,264 and rising.
Take a look at our in-depth report on the soaring successes, surprise endings and abject failures of crowdfunding for an additional statistical break-down of last year, which looks at what happens to games once they leave the Kickstarter campaigning process.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development