Over $100 million has been pledged to Kickstarter's games category, the crowdfunding site revealed.
Since the site's launch four years ago, more than 633,242 backers have pledged to over 4,500 Games projects, nearly 1,000 of these were pledged to in the last year.
In total, the Kickstarter community has pledged $107.6 million to games, while 1,476 of these proved to successfully hit their funding target. Most of the total dollars pledged come in the wake of the successful Double Fine Adventure. In 2012, Kickstarter accumulated $83,144,565 pledges in its games category; Just one year before, pledges totalled $3,855,692. Since the start of 2013, pledges to games have reaches $22,423,264 and rising.
Take a look at our in-depth report on the soaring successes, surprise endings and abject failures of crowdfunding for an additional statistical break-down of last year, which looks at what happens to games once they leave the Kickstarter campaigning process.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance