DuckTales Remastered is in development at WayForward Technologies, Capcom announced today during its "World of Capcom" panel at PAX East 2013.
It will launch this summer for $14.99 on PlayStation Network, 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade and $15 on the Wii U eShop.
The character sprites are hand-drawn, while the world will exist in 3D. Disney's authentic voice actors will lend their talents to the game. Capcom also showed a trailer at the panel, complete with the DuckTales theme song lyrics for singing along, that you can watch below. The game's original 8-bit songs will be remastered for the game by WayForward's Jake Kaufman, and new elements include a tutorial; Scrooge's Money Bin, which you can jump into; and a museum.
"We're literally pouring our heart and soul into this title," said Capcom's Rey Jimenez. "It's going to play just like you remember."
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: P2D/P4T (15-16 Mar)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- I noticed something interesting while looking at Dark Souls 2 concept art...
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Würst Day Ever? (Fri 14 March)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- High-End PC from the guide. Need a fan?
- Burn In Righteous Fire!