DuckTales Remastered is in development at WayForward Technologies, Capcom announced today during its "World of Capcom" panel at PAX East 2013.
It will launch this summer for $14.99 on PlayStation Network, 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade and $15 on the Wii U eShop.
The character sprites are hand-drawn, while the world will exist in 3D. Disney's authentic voice actors will lend their talents to the game. Capcom also showed a trailer at the panel, complete with the DuckTales theme song lyrics for singing along, that you can watch below. The game's original 8-bit songs will be remastered for the game by WayForward's Jake Kaufman, and new elements include a tutorial; Scrooge's Money Bin, which you can jump into; and a museum.
"We're literally pouring our heart and soul into this title," said Capcom's Rey Jimenez. "It's going to play just like you remember."
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward