DuckTales Remastered is in development at WayForward Technologies, Capcom announced today during its "World of Capcom" panel at PAX East 2013.
It will launch this summer for $14.99 on PlayStation Network, 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade and $15 on the Wii U eShop.
The character sprites are hand-drawn, while the world will exist in 3D. Disney's authentic voice actors will lend their talents to the game. Capcom also showed a trailer at the panel, complete with the DuckTales theme song lyrics for singing along, that you can watch below. The game's original 8-bit songs will be remastered for the game by WayForward's Jake Kaufman, and new elements include a tutorial; Scrooge's Money Bin, which you can jump into; and a museum.
"We're literally pouring our heart and soul into this title," said Capcom's Rey Jimenez. "It's going to play just like you remember."
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21