Japanese studio Q-Games, best known for its work on the PixelJunk series of games like PixelJunk Racers, PixelJunk Eden and PixelJunk Shooter, is currently working on PixelJunk Inc., GameSpot reports.
The game is described as a "genre-bender" that draws inspiration from Minecraft, Spelunky and Terraria, and merges elements of multiplayer open-world platformers, tower-defense games and real-time strategy titles.
For the first time since the PixelJunk series began, the game will be debuting outside the PlayStation Network. It will be published on Steam for Windows PC, and the company has told GameSpot that it intends to support the game on Mac and Linux down the road. The game is also optimized for the Xbox 360 controller.
Q-Games intends to have the alpha version of the game on Steam later this year.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements