Total War: Rome 2, The Creative Assembly's turn-based, real-time hybrid strategy game, will feature a faction in Egypt, the developer announced via press release.
Ptolemy founded Ptolemaic Egypt after the death of Alexander the Great. Because of the subsequent mix of Greek and Egyptian, the faction features pikemen, scythed combatants and war elephants. According to the game's wiki page, the faction is "progressive and forward-looking" and includes "skilled statesman and academics." You can read more about the faction here.
Total War: Rome 2 is slated for Windows PC release later this year. The game currently includes eight factions; Parthia, an Eastern faction in the region of north-eastern Iran, was the most recently announced.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules