Total War: Rome 2, The Creative Assembly's turn-based, real-time hybrid strategy game, will feature a faction in Egypt, the developer announced via press release.
Ptolemy founded Ptolemaic Egypt after the death of Alexander the Great. Because of the subsequent mix of Greek and Egyptian, the faction features pikemen, scythed combatants and war elephants. According to the game's wiki page, the faction is "progressive and forward-looking" and includes "skilled statesman and academics." You can read more about the faction here.
Total War: Rome 2 is slated for Windows PC release later this year. The game currently includes eight factions; Parthia, an Eastern faction in the region of north-eastern Iran, was the most recently announced.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes EU PS3 pre-orders to include Peace Walker HD