NVIDIA will host the GeForce eSports World of Tanks open tournament in five different regions, the company announced via press release.
World of Tanks, developed by Wargaming.net, is a free-to-play team-based massively multiplayer online game. Players in China, Asia Pacific, Europe, Russia and the Americas will be able to participate in the free tournament, which includes seven-member teams competing for the best of three games. According to the press release, the tournament will include at least four weeks of group play.
Regional finalists will participate in the Grand Finals for up to $100,000 in prizes and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600-series graphics card. A date or location has not yet been announced.
Pre-registration is open now. Team and player registration begins March 28 and will last approximately two weeks. Wargaming.net recently announced its foray into the eSports world with the Wargaming.net League.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer