DayZ, the standalone zombie game that began as an Arma 2 mod, will not be released in alpha mode earlier than June, creator Dean Hall told Joystiq.
Hall told the publication that the team has one final thing they're waiting on before release: the completion of the game's client-server architecture, which turns the title into a massively multiplayer online game.
"We're going to review the situation in June," Hall said. "So there'll be no release between now and June. And we're quite hopeful that we'll go then. I know that people get really frustrated because they want to play, but I just think this is the best option."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song