DayZ, the standalone zombie game that began as an Arma 2 mod, will not be released in alpha mode earlier than June, creator Dean Hall told Joystiq.
Hall told the publication that the team has one final thing they're waiting on before release: the completion of the game's client-server architecture, which turns the title into a massively multiplayer online game.
"We're going to review the situation in June," Hall said. "So there'll be no release between now and June. And we're quite hopeful that we'll go then. I know that people get really frustrated because they want to play, but I just think this is the best option."
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming