Double Fine Productions' in-progress adventure title, funded through Kickstarter last year, is called Broken Age, the company announced today during its panel at PAX East.
Broken Age is a point-and-click adventure telling two parallel stories of a young boy and girl who are seeking to break the tradition in their lives. The boy lives by himself on a spaceship, and the girl has been chosen by her village to be sacrificed to a sea monster. The game will follow the pair as they seek to alter their fates.
Fans can find more information as well as pre-order the game at the official Broken Age website, launched during the panel.
The game raised $3.3 million through crowdfunding, becoming one of the most-funded projects on Kickstarter. The company is still accepting donations through its "slacker backer" program. Backers have special access to the game's forums as well as film company 2 Players Productions' ongoing documentary about the project's development.
Early in April, producer Greg Rice confirmed to Polyon that Broken Age, along with Ron Gilbert's The Cave, would be coming to the Ouya Android console.
Check out Polygon's feature on studio head Tim Schafer and Double Fine here.
In This StoryStream
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development