Double Fine Productions' in-progress adventure title, funded through Kickstarter last year, is called Broken Age, the company announced today during its panel at PAX East.
Broken Age is a point-and-click adventure telling two parallel stories of a young boy and girl who are seeking to break the tradition in their lives. The boy lives by himself on a spaceship, and the girl has been chosen by her village to be sacrificed to a sea monster. The game will follow the pair as they seek to alter their fates.
Fans can find more information as well as pre-order the game at the official Broken Age website, launched during the panel.
The game raised $3.3 million through crowdfunding, becoming one of the most-funded projects on Kickstarter. The company is still accepting donations through its "slacker backer" program. Backers have special access to the game's forums as well as film company 2 Players Productions' ongoing documentary about the project's development.
Early in April, producer Greg Rice confirmed to Polyon that Broken Age, along with Ron Gilbert's The Cave, would be coming to the Ouya Android console.
Check out Polygon's feature on studio head Tim Schafer and Double Fine here.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?