The Borderlands 2 Diamond Plate Loot Chest, a bundle of codes for in-game gear and real-life replica items, will launch in May for $99.99, Gearbox announced during its PAX East panel today.
The bundle, which does not include a copy of the game, was inspired by the quickly sold-out Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest. The developers said they wanted fans to be able to grab a copy of their own without having to purchase the game again, hence the new, Diamond Plate version of the package.
The package will be sold through Think Geek, Forbidden Planet and Gearbox's own shop and will be limited to 5,000 units. It includes a wanted poster featuring art from the game, a mask modeled after the Goliath enemy type (which includes a code for an in-game version of the mask). It also comes with a deck of 20 cards with codes for in-game Legendary items, window decals, a certificate of authenticity and, of course, the Diamond Plate Loot Chest (which presumably doesn't feature real diamonds) itself.
Check out the Borderlands 2 Diamond Plate Loot Chest in the image above.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Why Shadowgate's developers want you dead
- Strike Suit Zero, Dishonored and more available free on Xbox Live Gold in August
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death