"One big Worms game we can mention is a game for the PS Vita that we are working closely with Sony on," said Team17 managing director Debbie Bestwick. "This will be the ultimate handheld console version releasing later this year." It's unclear if the PS Vita title will be a port of the franchise's most recent entry, Worms: Revolution, which launched last October on Windows PC, Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.
Team17 is also expanding the series to other new platforms: The studio is currently running an open beta for a Facebook version of Worms that "still has a way to go," and is porting its iOS remake of Worms 2: Armageddon to Android for a spring 2013 release.
"Worms is simply a great game that works on most screen sizes," said Bestwick.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with No Doubt, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer