Phantasy Star Online 2, Sonic Team's online action-RPG which launched for Windows PCs in Japan last July, has been delayed in North America, publisher Sega told Polygon today.
The game never received a formal release date in North America, only being targeted for an "early 2013" release. Considering we're nearly out of the first quarter of the year with no word on the title's release plans, it seemed unlikely that the game would hit that goal, despite being playable last year at PAX Prime.
"Originally slated for an early 2013 launch, Sega can officially confirm that PS02 has been delayed," a Sega spokesperson told Polygon. "We don't have any specifics but will update everyone as soon as there are more details to share."
The title was also ported to Japanese PS Vitas in February of this year.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS