Square Enix expects to incur an "extraordinary loss" in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, following today's revisions to the publisher's consolidated results forecast.
According to the new forecast, the company expects results of its digital entertainment segment to fall "substantially" below what was initially planned following slow sales of major console titles throughout North America and Europe, in addition to a "sluggish performance" in arcade machines.
Square Enix now plans to begin major restructuring in its development policy, organizational structure, a number of business models and other areas. As part of these restructuring efforts, the company expects to incur a loss of roughly 10 billion Yen (or just over $105 million) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
The extraordinary loss includes a loss on disposal of content of $42 million, a loss on evaluation of content of $42 million and other losses of $21 million.
We have contacted Square Enix for further information about its restructuring.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!