Wargaming.net's World of Tanks universe is rolling to iOS and Android devices with World of Tanks Blitz, a mobile title based on the free-to-play military MMO, the company announced today.
World of Tanks Blitz is "inspired by" the Windows PC title World of Tanks, says Wargaming.net, but the game is being built specifically for mobile devices. It will offer up to seven-on-seven action in player-versus-player matches, and users will be able to lead the forces of nations such as the U.S., U.S.S.R. and Germany into battle. The array of vehicles in World of Tanks Blitz will include medium and heavy tanks, as well as tank destroyers.
"With World of Tanks Blitz we're doing our best to give players a gaming experience that would rival anything they could find on a console," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net, in a press release announcing World of Tanks Blitz. "We've always been committed to bringing World of Tanks to new platforms and we're excited to give players a chance to experience the game in a whole new way."
Wargaming.net did not provide any information on release plans in today's press release, but you can check out 10 screenshots of the game below.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'