Zynga has hired former Lazard Capital Markets analyst Atul Bagga to be its new vice president of finance, the company confirmed to AllThingsD yesterday, shortly after another of the publisher's executives left the company.
Bagga, an analyst who was long involved with video game industry analysis at Lazard, will work under chief financial officer Mark Vranesh, who took the position after it was evacuated by former CFO David Wehner in November 2012. Yesterday also saw chief information officer Depra Chrapaty announce that she was leaving Zynga to serve as CEO for Nirvanix, a cloud storage service company.
These two are the latest in a series of staffing changes at Zynga's executive level, which has seen the departures of chief operating officer John Schappert, chief creative officer Mike Verdu, chief security officer Nils Puhlmann, Words With Friends co-creators David and Paul Bettner and chief game designer Brian Reynolds, among others.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding