The Android release comes several months after Fieldrunners 2 launch on iOS in July of last year.
The tower defense game features 20 upgradeable weapons and custom load-outs. The campaign is over 20 hours long and gameplay modes include Time Trial, Sudden Death and Puzzle maps.
The latest iteration features 20 new levels over several different environments, such as deserts, green fields, cityscapes and volcano interiors.
Interested parties can register for Fieldrunners 2 beta here and successful applicants will receive a link to access the beta several days after registering.
Fieldrunners was first released on iOS on October, 2008, and was later released on, , Android and Nintendo DSi.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Indigenous groups seek games company to tell endangered stories