The Android release comes several months after Fieldrunners 2 launch on iOS in July of last year.
The tower defense game features 20 upgradeable weapons and custom load-outs. The campaign is over 20 hours long and gameplay modes include Time Trial, Sudden Death and Puzzle maps.
The latest iteration features 20 new levels over several different environments, such as deserts, green fields, cityscapes and volcano interiors.
Interested parties can register for Fieldrunners 2 beta here and successful applicants will receive a link to access the beta several days after registering.
Fieldrunners was first released on iOS on October, 2008, and was later released on, , Android and Nintendo DSi.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy