The Android release comes several months after Fieldrunners 2 launch on iOS in July of last year.
The tower defense game features 20 upgradeable weapons and custom load-outs. The campaign is over 20 hours long and gameplay modes include Time Trial, Sudden Death and Puzzle maps.
The latest iteration features 20 new levels over several different environments, such as deserts, green fields, cityscapes and volcano interiors.
Interested parties can register for Fieldrunners 2 beta here and successful applicants will receive a link to access the beta several days after registering.
Fieldrunners was first released on iOS on October, 2008, and was later released on, , Android and Nintendo DSi.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map