Call of Duty blog revealed.: Black Ops 2 Micro Items are coming to 3 and PC on April 12, an official
The microtransactions were introduced to the 360 version of the game last month. At the time, Activision maintained that the Micro Items were personal customizations and won't affect the gameplay.
The blog, manned by Activision's social media manager Dan Amrich, clarified that microtransactions are not covered by the game's Season Pass.
Current Micro Items include themed weapon packs, extra Create-a-Class slots, additional media storage and geographical flag-themed calling card packs.
As part of the microtransaction roll-out, the Nuketown 2025 map will release as a free dowload for theand Windows PC, as it was for the version. The map will eventually be included into normal rotation on all three platforms.
"I ask for updates every couple of weeks, but so far, I am not hearing a definitive yes or no, which means it's not a lost cause but it's not a done deal," he wrote. "I will continue to follow up and I will post whatever I learn."
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Play Settlers of Catan Anytime thanks to HTML 5