Irrational Games revealed it is working to patch the Windows PC version of BioShock Infinite, in an effort to fix an issue affecting the game's field of view.
When asked on Twitter whether the studio would offer a fix for give players access to the lowest and highest possible field of view, an Irrational Games representative stated: "Working on this now!"
The available field of view slider can be found in the game's options setting; however, it only decreases or increases the title's field of view by 15 percent from its default value of 70 degrees. A workaround is available in the meantime, as discovered by users, and is as follows:
- Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config\.
- Locate and open file XUserOptions in text editor (notepad for example).
- Locate line MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent=15.000000 and change its value to 28.570000.
- Start the game and set the FOV slider to the maximum and you will get a 90º FOV.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)