The Wolf Among Us, an adventure game series set in DC Comics' Fables universe, is the next project from The Walking Dead developer Telltale Games.
As revealed on IGN, the game sees Fables protagonist Bigby Wolf, a hard-nosed detective who plays a major role in the Fables graphic novels, attempt to keep his fairy tale compatriots under wraps in New York City. The series will take place before the events of the comics, and will launch this summer on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
"Developing The Wolf Among Us based on the Fables universe has allowed our studio to build upon all of the hallmarks of what makes our episodic series so engaging for players," Telltale CEO Dan Connors told IGN. "Through an evolution of our approach to choice and consequence, we can further explore the complexity of each and every iconic character in a universe rich with untold history from the darkest sides of the storybooks."
Telltale announce it was working on a Fables game adaptation in 2011, and revealed earlier this year that it would carry a different name than the series it's based on. We've reached out to Telltale for more details on the plot of the games.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell