Metal Gear Solid 5 director Hideo Kojima announced during a talk at the 2013 Game Developers Conference today that the upcoming title contains both the previously announced games Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. Shortly afterward, Hayter tweeted, "Well look, at least I had a good run."
Hayter did not mention the game or the Metal Gear Solid franchise by name, but when asked by a fan, "Did they even ask you to do it," Hayter replied, "Nope."
Hayter, who is also a scriptwriter and screen actor, has voiced Solid Snake and Naked Snake (aka Big Boss) in all the console and handheld Metal Gear Solid titles from the original Metal Gear Solid in 1998 through 2010's Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
While Metal Gear Solid 5 may not feature Hayter, it does appear to boast the voice talents of Kiefer Sutherland as Ishmael, the character who tells you that he's been watching over you while you've been in a coma for nine years.
We've reached out to Konami for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: According to a tweet from Geoff Keighley, Hideo Kojima confirmed that David Hayter would not make an appearance in Metal Gear Solid 5.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!