Nintendo's social "empathy" network for the Wii U, Miiverse, will come to smartphones and web browsers sometime in April or May, with a 3DS version to follow at a later date.
The producer of Miiverse, Kiyoshi Mizuki said during a talk at the Game Developers Conference that the Miiverse mobile and web browser app should be available by May and will, at first, provide basic Miiverse functionality, like posting comments, drawing doodles, and viewing and engaging with communities.
A 3DS version of Miiverse is also in the works, although a release date was not confirmed. Mizuki said unlike the Wii U, on which all games have Miiverse support, there will be existing games and apps on the 3DS that won't be Miiverse compatible.
Mizuki said the company is currently taking requests from game developers for what they would like to see in the update Miiverse API.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)