Nintendo's social "empathy" network for the Wii U, Miiverse, will come to smartphones and web browsers sometime in April or May, with a 3DS version to follow at a later date.
The producer of Miiverse, Kiyoshi Mizuki said during a talk at the Game Developers Conference that the Miiverse mobile and web browser app should be available by May and will, at first, provide basic Miiverse functionality, like posting comments, drawing doodles, and viewing and engaging with communities.
A 3DS version of Miiverse is also in the works, although a release date was not confirmed. Mizuki said unlike the Wii U, on which all games have Miiverse support, there will be existing games and apps on the 3DS that won't be Miiverse compatible.
Mizuki said the company is currently taking requests from game developers for what they would like to see in the update Miiverse API.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward