Gameplay footage for Hideo Kojima's The Phantom Pain shown at GDC today, obtained by Youtube user GamesHQMedia, shows off the tutorial level where an injured Snake and Ishmael escape from a hospital.
In the video Snake has just awoken from a nine-year coma and has momentarily lost the ability to walk. A bandaged patient called Ishmael has taken it upon himself to help Snake escape.
Even though Snake's mobility is heavily compromised, Polygon reports Kojima as saying that Snake will have mobility throughout the world of 5: The Phantom Pain. It was also reported that Metal Gear Solid voice actor David Hayter will not reprise his role for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
According to a tweet by Hideo Kojima, The Phantom Pain will take place nine years after Ground Zeroes, which is a prologue.
Kojima Productions at last year's Spike VGAs first revealedSolid 5: Phantom Pain, and 5: Ground Zeroes was announced in September at PAX.
The video comes shortly after the release of the Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer, which incorporates new footage with previous Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain trailers.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!