Gameplay footage for Hideo Kojima's The Phantom Pain shown at GDC today, obtained by Youtube user GamesHQMedia, shows off the tutorial level where an injured Snake and Ishmael escape from a hospital.
In the video Snake has just awoken from a nine-year coma and has momentarily lost the ability to walk. A bandaged patient called Ishmael has taken it upon himself to help Snake escape.
Even though Snake's mobility is heavily compromised, Polygon reports Kojima as saying that Snake will have mobility throughout the world of 5: The Phantom Pain. It was also reported that Metal Gear Solid voice actor David Hayter will not reprise his role for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
According to a tweet by Hideo Kojima, The Phantom Pain will take place nine years after Ground Zeroes, which is a prologue.
Kojima Productions at last year's Spike VGAs first revealedSolid 5: Phantom Pain, and 5: Ground Zeroes was announced in September at PAX.
The video comes shortly after the release of the Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer, which incorporates new footage with previous Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain trailers.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS