"In the last two weeks, we've launched two games that had season passes, both for $20 each — BioShock Infinite and Gears of War: Judgment," said GameStop president Tony Bartel. "And both of those, we sold DLC to more than a third of all the people that bought it at midnight and on the day of launch."
Gears of War: Judgment launched March 19 on Xbox 360, while BioShock Infinite came out March 26 on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Judgment's season pass grants players permanent double XP, as well as access to upcoming maps, modes and other content. The season pass for BioShock Infinite offers a discount on three upcoming pieces of story content as well as new characters, weapons and skills.
"That's a key example of what happens when GameStop gets behind a launch," Bartel added.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes