"In the last two weeks, we've launched two games that had season passes, both for $20 each — BioShock Infinite and Gears of War: Judgment," said GameStop president Tony Bartel. "And both of those, we sold DLC to more than a third of all the people that bought it at midnight and on the day of launch."
Gears of War: Judgment launched March 19 on Xbox 360, while BioShock Infinite came out March 26 on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Judgment's season pass grants players permanent double XP, as well as access to upcoming maps, modes and other content. The season pass for BioShock Infinite offers a discount on three upcoming pieces of story content as well as new characters, weapons and skills.
"That's a key example of what happens when GameStop gets behind a launch," Bartel added.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Game development
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?