"In the last two weeks, we've launched two games that had season passes, both for $20 each — BioShock Infinite and Gears of War: Judgment," said GameStop president Tony Bartel. "And both of those, we sold DLC to more than a third of all the people that bought it at midnight and on the day of launch."
Gears of War: Judgment launched March 19 on Xbox 360, while BioShock Infinite came out March 26 on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Judgment's season pass grants players permanent double XP, as well as access to upcoming maps, modes and other content. The season pass for BioShock Infinite offers a discount on three upcoming pieces of story content as well as new characters, weapons and skills.
"That's a key example of what happens when GameStop gets behind a launch," Bartel added.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)