Forge Island, a free map for Halo 4 which is custom-built for the game's multiplayer map editor, is available today, well ahead of its previously announced release date.
The map, which was first announced for an April 11 launch during 343 Industries' recent PAX East 2013 panel, provides cartographers with a canvas they've been requesting since the game launched: flat land. Forge Island is just that, a series of steppes that players can build up from without worrying about intersecting with mountains or bodies of water, as seen in the screenshot above.
The map is available through the Xbox Live Marketplace on the console, but you have to search for it, as it doesn't appear to have been added to the Halo 4 hub at the time of this writing. It can be downloaded remotely through the XBLM website.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements