Forge Island, a free map for Halo 4 which is custom-built for the game's multiplayer map editor, is available today, well ahead of its previously announced release date.
The map, which was first announced for an April 11 launch during 343 Industries' recent PAX East 2013 panel, provides cartographers with a canvas they've been requesting since the game launched: flat land. Forge Island is just that, a series of steppes that players can build up from without worrying about intersecting with mountains or bodies of water, as seen in the screenshot above.
The map is available through the Xbox Live Marketplace on the console, but you have to search for it, as it doesn't appear to have been added to the Halo 4 hub at the time of this writing. It can be downloaded remotely through the XBLM website.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- The Swapper coming to Wii U later this year