The creators of Assassin's Creed have spoken before about their efforts to stay rooted in reality, even when it's uncomfortable, by backing up truth up with facts. The Tyranny of King Washington, however, completely shatters that pattern. The DLC is set in an alternate reality where George Washington opts for kingship, rather than presidency. According to Giard, this break allowed the team to get more creative with their work.
"Once we jumped in there, I mean, as storytellers and as mission designers we were free to come up with any ideas that we wanted to," Giard said. "We could explore, you know, we could go crazy!"
Episode one of the three-part DLC, "The Infamy," launched on Feb. 19. Episode two, "The Betrayal" is due March 19, while the final episode, "The Redemption," is slated for April 23.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell