Crysis 3 was running on the Wii U and could have launched on the system, but "had to die" due to a lack of support on the business side, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told GamesBeat.
In January, Yerli told Digital Spy that Crysis 3 would not come to Wii U because there wasn't enough "business drive," but did not mention that the game was already running on the console. Speaking with GamesBeat, Yerli offered a somewhat similar answer.
"We were very close to launching it," Yerli told GamesBeat. "But there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn't launch on the Wii U ourselves — we don't have a publishing license — Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."
Crysis 3 launched for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC Feb. 19. Read our review here.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall