Crysis 3 was running on the Wii U and could have launched on the system, but "had to die" due to a lack of support on the business side, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told GamesBeat.
In January, Yerli told Digital Spy that Crysis 3 would not come to Wii U because there wasn't enough "business drive," but did not mention that the game was already running on the console. Speaking with GamesBeat, Yerli offered a somewhat similar answer.
"We were very close to launching it," Yerli told GamesBeat. "But there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn't launch on the Wii U ourselves — we don't have a publishing license — Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."
Crysis 3 launched for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC Feb. 19. Read our review here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US