Crysis 3 was running on the Wii U and could have launched on the system, but "had to die" due to a lack of support on the business side, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told GamesBeat.
In January, Yerli told Digital Spy that Crysis 3 would not come to Wii U because there wasn't enough "business drive," but did not mention that the game was already running on the console. Speaking with GamesBeat, Yerli offered a somewhat similar answer.
"We were very close to launching it," Yerli told GamesBeat. "But there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn't launch on the Wii U ourselves — we don't have a publishing license — Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."
Crysis 3 launched for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC Feb. 19. Read our review here.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?