Crysis 3 was running on the Wii U and could have launched on the system, but "had to die" due to a lack of support on the business side, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told GamesBeat.
In January, Yerli told Digital Spy that Crysis 3 would not come to Wii U because there wasn't enough "business drive," but did not mention that the game was already running on the console. Speaking with GamesBeat, Yerli offered a somewhat similar answer.
"We were very close to launching it," Yerli told GamesBeat. "But there was a lack of business support between Nintendo and EA on that. Since we as a company couldn't launch on the Wii U ourselves — we don't have a publishing license — Crysis 3 on Wii U had to die."
Crysis 3 launched for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC Feb. 19. Read our review here.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Explore Unreal Tournament in these 5 gameplay videos
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today