Blizzard Entertainment launched the original StarCraft 15 years ago this weekend, and the studio announced Friday that it is marking the milestone with a new achievement and special rewards for StarCraft 2 players.
StarCraft was released March 31, 1998, and from today through 2:59 a.m ET on April 18, 2013, StarCraft 2 players will be able to unlock a new Feat of Strength achievement to earn three portrait rewards featuring the original Protoss, Terran and Zerg StarCraft box art. In order to unlock the achievement and portraits, StarCraft 2 owners will have to play one online game in Arcade, Custom, Ranked, Unranked, Training or Versus A.I. mode.
Blizzard is also releasing a commemorative desktop wallpaper with the Protoss Zealot, Terran Marine and Zerg Hydralisk; you can see it above, and download the appropriate size for your desktop here. You can also check out the art for the portrait rewards below.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business