Writer, director and creator of the Shenmue series, Yu Suzuki, is considering a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund the development of 3, according to a recent tweet of French journalist and presenter, Sebastien-Abdelhamid.
Abdelhamid interviewed Suzuki at the Monaco Anime Game Show, a video game, manga and anime convention which runs from March 2-3. The presenter’s full interview with Suzuki will be published on Canal Street.TV. Abdelhamid also tweeted that Yuziki wants to continue the Shenmue story alongside the game as a Manga or anime.
Shenmue is an open-world adventure game first published on the Dreamcast in 1999. The story revolves around protagonist Ryo Hazuki and his journey to avenge his father's death. The sequel, Shenmue 2, was published in 2001 on the Dreamcast. Both titles were developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- PlayStation Store flash sale discounts Braid, Tokyo Jungle and more to just $0.99
- Cel Damage HD out on Tuesday for all PlayStation platforms
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Splinter Cell Echoes comic coming this summer
- Final Fantasy 3 could be coming to PC
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?