Writer, director and creator of the Shenmue series, Yu Suzuki, is considering a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund the development of 3, according to a recent tweet of French journalist and presenter, Sebastien-Abdelhamid.
Abdelhamid interviewed Suzuki at the Monaco Anime Game Show, a video game, manga and anime convention which runs from March 2-3. The presenter’s full interview with Suzuki will be published on Canal Street.TV. Abdelhamid also tweeted that Yuziki wants to continue the Shenmue story alongside the game as a Manga or anime.
Shenmue is an open-world adventure game first published on the Dreamcast in 1999. The story revolves around protagonist Ryo Hazuki and his journey to avenge his father's death. The sequel, Shenmue 2, was published in 2001 on the Dreamcast. Both titles were developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- Zuckerberg tried out PS4 VR headset a week before Oculus VR acquisition
- Minecraft may hit PS4 and PS Vita Q2/Q3 this year
- Meiji era Ace Attorney announcement trailer teases main characters
- The Dreamcast was the beginning, and the end, of the golden age of peripherals
- Puppeteer, PayDay 2 and more join PS Plus Europe free game collection April 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant