Writer, director and creator of the Shenmue series, Yu Suzuki, is considering a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund the development of 3, according to a recent tweet of French journalist and presenter, Sebastien-Abdelhamid.
Abdelhamid interviewed Suzuki at the Monaco Anime Game Show, a video game, manga and anime convention which runs from March 2-3. The presenter’s full interview with Suzuki will be published on Canal Street.TV. Abdelhamid also tweeted that Yuziki wants to continue the Shenmue story alongside the game as a Manga or anime.
Shenmue is an open-world adventure game first published on the Dreamcast in 1999. The story revolves around protagonist Ryo Hazuki and his journey to avenge his father's death. The sequel, Shenmue 2, was published in 2001 on the Dreamcast. Both titles were developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Scientifically Accurate Sonic is everything you never wanted to know about hedgehog poop
- 30-day P90X program comes to Xbox Fitness for $59.99
- Here's a first look at Agent 47 in the upcoming movie 'Hitman: Agent 47'
- The cheesy '60s Batman and Robin are in Lego Batman 3 (and so is Bat-Cow)
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward