Writer, director and creator of the Shenmue series, Yu Suzuki, is considering a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund the development of 3, according to a recent tweet of French journalist and presenter, Sebastien-Abdelhamid.
Abdelhamid interviewed Suzuki at the Monaco Anime Game Show, a video game, manga and anime convention which runs from March 2-3. The presenter’s full interview with Suzuki will be published on Canal Street.TV. Abdelhamid also tweeted that Yuziki wants to continue the Shenmue story alongside the game as a Manga or anime.
Shenmue is an open-world adventure game first published on the Dreamcast in 1999. The story revolves around protagonist Ryo Hazuki and his journey to avenge his father's death. The sequel, Shenmue 2, was published in 2001 on the Dreamcast. Both titles were developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega.
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Star Trek Online Mac client now live
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Phosfiend Systems releasing musical exploration game Fract OSC in April
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Skrillex launches full-length album within mobile game Alien Ride
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.