The newly-added Isle of Thunder includes area-specific daily quests and allows players to choose between player-versus-player or player-versus-environment combat participation once they arrive on the island beach. Players can work in teams to unlock the island together or take part in solo Scenarios for different rewards and goods.
The update adds new Ritual Stones that can be combined and used to summon bosses designed for battle with five players, as well as new rare spawning bosses that will drop loot as well as the aforementioned stones. These stones can also be found in Rare Chests, which will each respawn once a week. Players who find a special key will be given a five-minute time limit to raid the Troves of the Thunder King, forcing them to race against the clock and overcome various obstacles for a chance to claim rare loot and armor.
The update also includes a new world boss and a separate island area, the Isle of Giants. The Isle includes new creatures to capture and tame, including the sparkling devilsaur Oondasta. Conquering the Isle of Thunder will bring the world boss Nalak the Storm Lord, guardian of the Thunder King's gates, onto the battlefield for players to test their mettle against.
Players at level 90 and above can access the Isle of Thunder by going to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, where they will receive the "Thunder Calls" quest. From there they will head to the Townlong Steppes area and the Shado-Pan Garrison, where they'll be pointed towards the island. Flying to the island is an option, though players will have to contend with airborn enemies, and a portal will open between the island and Shado-pan.
The Thunder King is set to hit Mists of Pandaria soon, and the patch is currently in open beta.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- League of Legends World Championship poised to sell out 45K seat stadium
- State of Decay dev's latest project is like the online Pokémon game you've always wanted
- VR school girls? When a Pokemon fighting game isn't the weirdest project from Bandai Namco
- Here's the first trailer for the new Resident Evil 1 remake
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4