Nintendo released an update to the Wii U's system software today, a minor revision that brings "further improvements to overall system stability" to the console.
The small, 30 MB update (version 2.1.3 U), released today, is the most recent since Nintendo's December update to the console, which offered similar stability improvements and "other minor adjustments ... to enhance the user experience."
On its support site, Nintendo notes the previously announced Wii U system update scheduled for spring will be released sometime in April. It will add "new features and further improvements to the user experience," Nintendo says.
In January, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata promised two system updates in spring and summer, adding Virtual Console support and speeding up the Wii U's sluggish menus.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update