Gaming hardware manufacturer Razer has partnered with Riot Games to release a line of collector's edition gaming accessories themed around PC MOBA title League of Legends, Razer announced today.
The Razer Naga Hex model mouse, optimized specifically for use with MOBA games and available for $89.99, prominently features the League of Legends logo and rune script detailing along its scroll wheel. Players can directly map abilities, items and spells to one of six large thumb buttons on the mouse's side. Both the Naga Hex and two LoL-themed mousepads, available for $14.99 and $19.99, come with codes for unlockable in-game champions and cosmetic skins.
The company currently sponsors a number of professional eSports teams prominent in the League of Legends circuit, including Counter Logic Gaming, Evil Geniuses, KTRolster and the Taipei Assassins.
"We´re ecstatic to be able to bring to market peripherals that are custom-designed for domination in the most competitive e-Sports title today," said Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan in a press statement. "Partnering with Riot Games is a step forward for hard-core PC gamers everywhere. We have been strong supporters of the League of Legends scene since its inception and continue to sponsor some of the world´s top teams."
Razer's League of Legends line can currently only be purchased through Razer's official website, and will be made available worldwide later this month. Codes received with purchases are redeemable through here.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding