Retro/Grade, the side-scrolling reverse shoot-'em-up from 24 Caret Games, will be available March 20 on Windows PC for $9.99, the studio announced today.
The game originally launched on PlayStation 3 as a PlayStation Network exclusive last August for $9.99, or for $14.99 in a bundle with its soundtrack.
Retro/Grade will be available on Steam, and interested parties can also pre-order the game directly from its website. Doing so will get you a DRM-free copy as well as a Steam key, and from now through the end of the month, 24 Caret is offering a 10 percent discount that drops the price from $9.99 to $8.99.
The developers describe Retro/Grade as a "reverse shooter" in which you "un-fire" your shots to the tune of the original soundtrack. On PS3, it can be played with a guitar controller or a regular PS3 controller. The studio said on Twitter that the PC version supports guitar controllers made for the PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii, as long as the latest drivers are installed.
Check out the PC trailer above for some gameplay footage, and read our feature on Retro/Grade to find out about 24 Caret Games co-founder Matt Gilgenbach's struggle to get the game made.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements