Developer Team Ninja detailed new features for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge today, including the game's playable demo, character upgrades and Xbox SmartGlass support.
The reworked release of Ninja Gaiden 3 will allow players to upgrade three of the game's playable characters by collecting Golden Scarabs, which unlock new weapons and special Ninpo moves. Team Ninja and publisher Tecmo Koei detail some of those upgrades in a batch of newly released screenshots.
The release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge will be preceded by a playable demo, featuring Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane. Player progress — specifically karma and ninja skills — acquired during the demo will transfer to the final version of the game.
Finally, the developer detailed Xbox SmartGlass support for the Xbox 360 release of Razor's Edge. With a tablet or smartphone, Ninja Gaiden players will be able to watch, comment on and upload videos through Microsoft's SmartGlass app, as well as check personal records and achievements.
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on April 2 in North America, April 5 in Europe.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal