The Raider mech is now available in the Hawken Mech Shop, along with a slew of updates to the free-to-play multiplayer mech combat game.
The new Raider mech lets players "close pesky gaps quickly" by allowing them to use speed boosts while also firing their weapons at the same time. It also comes with a ReFLAK-35 as a primary weapon, a T32-BOLT as an alternate primary weapon, a Corsair-KLA as a secondary weapon and an EOC Repeater as a prestige weapon. Its main ability is Blitz and its starting item is the EMP. A more detailed description of the Raider mech's weapon specs can be viewed here.
The Raider update, which is also available now, adds the work-in-progress Facility map, reintroduces the server browser and includes balance tweaks to weapons, items, abilities and gameplay. The Raider update patch notes can be read here.
Hawken is free-to-play and available for Windows PC.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19